Matthew 14:22-34: Jesus walks on water and Peter jumps out of the boat to do the same. The sermon focussed on Peter and his response to Christ. It was the first time I have ever identified with a disciple. It felt a bit odd.
From the passage there are three questions to answer:
- What is your boat?
- What is your storm?
- What are the conditions that enable us to walk on water?
Walking on water can be defined as putting ourselves in a situation where we are bound to fail unless the Lord is with us. Well, that sounded pretty familiary to me. In fact it sounded like my jump in April.
I thought of myself and what LK and I have struggled with this past six months as we stepped out of our boat and are tentatively taking steps towards Christ on the water. I thought of friends who are in their boats right now, perhaps they are being prepared to step out and God is laying the groundwork.
I have a new perspective on our six years here in TO after today. They were a 'boat' time of rich fellowship, learning and growth. They also prepared us for this time. What an amazing God that He lays out the days of my life in such loving detail.
So I sit here on our last night in the city and I am happy more than sad. I am looking forward more than back, and I am thankful for six wonderful years with amazing people who I dearly love.
I may not be posting the rest of the week... we leave tomorrow and don't arrive at our new home until Friday. If I can find Internet access along the way I'll stay in touch, but be patient I'll be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment